From my favorite looks ― as seen above and below ― to the amazing experiences with loved ones, 2017 has certainly been an exciting one. Likewise, it has also been my most challenging as well as my most enlightening year. Before writing this post, I looked back on my year feeling less accomplished because of the obstacles that seemed have held me back. However, I realized that I have truly been blessed to see another beautiful year! So even if you feel you should have accomplished more, those strength-building challenges and obstacles are crucial for building the best version of yourself for 2018 and years to come!
In looking back, some important lessons that came to light this year that I know will build me to a higher self for 2018 have been:
- Understanding who your “ideal self” is and to drop actions, relationships, or mindsets that drift you from that “ideal self”.
- Realizing that the best way to weed out negativity for the long-term is not by forcing it to go away but by replacing it with positivity and light.
- Never let negative people or insecurities get in the way of your hustle because, at the end of the day, your future self could care less about such minuscule faults.
- Value yourself and understand your worth when it comes to your business, relationship, or any aspect of life. Don’t look to others for validation because your own is what truly matters.
- Whether faced with challenges or not, always turn to God. Understand that He has the greatest intentions. As John 13:7 states, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
Regardless of the lows of this year, be thankful for each 2017 experience. So, once the clock strikes twelve, let’s leave 2017 behind, take a deep breath, and move forward into 2018 with confidence and hope!